Re: [Orgmode] Two questions about latex export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Two questions about latex export
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 21:37:35 +0200

On Apr 27, 2009, at 7:34 PM, Robert Goldman wrote:

1.  I am making a table of conditional probabilities.  This means the
table headers look like this: p(e|\omega), for example. The vbar in the header confuses orgmode. It thinks that's a column-delimiter. Adding a
prefix \ does not help.  Is there a work around?  For the moment I put
\newcommand{\vbar}{|} in a latex block and use \vbar in place of |.
Works, but makes the table a little less readable than I'd like.

\vert, as pointed out by Giovanni.

more importantly:

2. I put an eqnarray* environment in my org file. The equation breaks
across multiple lines so it looks like this:

\begin{eqnarray*}

x &=& blah blah blah \\
 &=& blah blah blah \\
   &=& blah blah blah \\
\end{eqnarray*}

org-mode quotes (backslashes) the &=& so they don't get interpreted
correctly.  Is there something I can do to keep that from happening?

This is a bug, fixed now, thanks.

- Carsten