Re: [Orgmode] Idea for agenda notifications

From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Idea for agenda notifications
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 19:14:14 +0200

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa schrieb:
> parse my gtd.org file, search for scheduled items and, using an additional
> metadata in the item, decide when (how long before the event happens) to use
> gnome-notify (or any other notify mechanism in the OS) to show the reminder
> of the event. I'm thinking on using Ruby or Python to develop a small daemon
---Zitatende---

There's already M-x org-agenda-to-appt, dunno if appt.el can be used
or extended to do what you want.

I use (appt-activate 1) (appt-message-warning-time 5) and occasionally
call M-x org-agenda-to-appt (which I think is only relevant if you've
didn't add the schedule with an org command, iirc).

I use this to remind of regular appointments at work.

--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)