[Orgmode] Re: copying headline structure without contents

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: copying headline structure without contents
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:45:13 -0400

Or

S-TAB to fold the org-mode buffer to top level headlines only
Hit C-c C-k on the headlines to expand
Select the region you want to copy (in transient mode)

(the rest of this could be easily made into a function that works on the
selected region above)

M-x narrow-to-region
C-c C-e v SPC to export the visible stuff to another buffer
C-x h C-w to cut it all
C-x 0 to close the export window
M-x widen

Go to where you want to insert it and C-y or C-u C-y to paste

-Bernt