Re: [Orgmode] Re: BUG: Navigating table to change fields

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: BUG: Navigating table to change fields
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:02:18 -0700

Maybe a list rather than a hook, say `org-cycle-actions'.  Each element
of the list could be called in the current context until one returns a
non-nil result.  Something like...

(let ((pending org-cycle-actions)
      finished)
  (while (not finished)
    (setq finished (funcall (car pending)))
    (setq pending (cdr pending))))

If the existing org-cycle actions (fold headline, org-cycle-table,
etc...) were implemented using the list then users could have the
options of putting their actions before or after (after being good if
say they have a very expensive check which shouldn't be run every time
tab is hit).

Does that sound appropriate? -- Eric