Re: [Orgmode] Re: BUG: Navigating table to change fields

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: BUG: Navigating table to change fields
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:35:47 +0200

Maybe we should have a hook in org-cycle where yasnippet can
hook into, instead of overruling the TAB key......

- Carsten

On Apr 20, 2009, at 9:43 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Nevermind.  It works.

Gah. Sorry for the noise.  This turns out to be my yasnippet setup
messing up the TAB key in tables. :/ It works fine for a minimal emacs
test.

-Bernt

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

Okay I think this is a bug. If I traverse the table FORWARDS with TAB and type it inserts in front of the field that is there. If I traverse
it BACKWARDS with S-TAB it clears the field when I type.

This seems inconsistent (and I really like the blank the field as soon
as you type behaviour)

-Bernt

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

Did the user interface for tables change recently? When I TAB between fields in a table entering anything normally blanks out the field and
replaces it with whatever new I am typing.

Today it always seems to insert in front of whatever is already there.

I'm just wondering if this was an intentional change or if it's a bug. I didn't notice anything in the release notes about this (but maybe I
just missed it).

-Bernt