[Orgmode] sha1 errors with feeds, needed to load sha1.el

From: Greg Lucas
Subject: [Orgmode] sha1 errors with feeds, needed to load sha1.el
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:16:02 -0400

Sharing this in case anyone else needs it. I'm running Emacs 22.3.1 on
Windows with org-mode 6.25e and was unable to get org-feed to work
without some digging.

First I got:

   Symbol's function definition is void: sha1-string

I found a relevant post on the mailing list and tracked down the
latest org-compat.el from git, but then I got:

   Symbol's function definition is void: sha1-region

I poked around and found that there was a sha1.el in my
emacs/gnus/lisp that defined these functions. So I added an
eval-after-load hook now things seem to work fine:

(eval-after-load "org"
  '(progn
  (load "sha1")   ;; avoid issues with org-feed
  ;; other org customization
  ))

I guess this could be fixed by somewhere requiring sha1 (e.g. in
org-feed.el or org-compat.el)? Also want to point out that org-feed.el
is not actually included in the 6.25e zip distribution (even though
the autoloads are there for the feed functions), so I had to grab that
from git to get started.

--

Greg