[Orgmode] Name of file being exported.

From: Noufal Ibrahim
Subject: [Orgmode] Name of file being exported.
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 07:52:54 +0530

[apologies if this is a repost. I was not on the list]

Hello everyone,
I'm a recent org-mode convert (after hearing the talk) and without question, it's one of the best things I've ever used. Thank you for making such a wonderful program.

However, org-mode and emacs being what they are, I'm tempted to try and customise it to do more. :)

I'm trying a simple trick to insert the version control history of my current file formatted as a table when I export the org file into HTML or ascii. I need this to track changes to design documents etc.

I'm using dynamic blocks to do this and have a function defined to insert the output of

git log --pretty='format:|%ad|%s|' (buffer-file-name)

into the block.

This works fine if I run org-update-all-dblocks from the org buffer itself manually. If I export it however, (buffer-file-name) returns a null string so I get the entire log of my repository which is not what I want.

Is there a way to get the buffer/file which is being exported so that I can use that in the command rather than buffer-file-name?

   Thanks in advance and for such an awesome mode.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in/