Re: [Orgmode] OT: latest edits on worg

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] OT: latest edits on worg
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:17:21 +0200

Hi Samuel,

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> I noticed a new link on worg, latest edits.  This looks interesting.

This "latest edits" section lists the 10 last edits of the Worg git
repository, as listed in the repo.or.cz RSS feed.

It is inserted in Worg's index.org as a small piece of javascript code,
that's why you cannot read it in emacs-w3m.

The parsing is not done on Worg's server, it is done on the server that
the javascript snippet is calling...  I didn't want to use MagpieRSS or
other php tools, because I didn't want to put php library in the Worg
repo.

> Does it provide links to the formatted pages?

Not sure what you mean...  it provides links to the relevant edit entry
on repo.or.cz/Worg.git

> I don't know how to take advantage of it in emacs-w3m.  gnus is beyond
> my ability ATM, and newsticker made emacs hang.

You can add http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git?a=rss to any RSS feed reader
you like.

> Is it possible to set up emacs-w3m so that you can click on the RSS
> link and get a list of page titles?

Not from http://orgmode.org/worg/

But from here:

  http://lumiere.ens.fr/~guerry/bastien-org-mode.php

The last two sections list Worg's edits and org-mode edits.

HTH,

--
 Bastien