Re: [Orgmode] Patch for growl notifications without uncommenting hacks

From: Christopher Suckling
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Patch for growl notifications without uncommenting hacks
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:12:40 +0100

On 7 Apr 2009, at 01:16, David Abrahams wrote:

On Apr 6, 2009, at 6:27 PM, Christopher Suckling wrote:

On 6 Apr 2009, at 01:49, David Abrahams wrote:

This patch to org-mac-message.el should make it show growl notifications
when searching for flagged messages and growl is running, and work
silently otherwise.

Thanks, works nicely.

Below patch adapts for general case, cleans up commentary and fixes one tiny formatting bug I noticed.

Best,

Christopher

<org-mac-message.patch>

Nice tweak to the code, but I'm not sure it was a good idea to strip out lisp comments from around the AppleScript. There are some oddball idioms in there whose rationale will have to be guessed by the next person who comes along and wants to improve things. Also, I think the indentation I applied to the applescript strings do a great deal to enhance comprehensibility at little or no cost.

And done.

Carsten, ignore yesterday's patch.

BTW, is there a way of automatically doing the AppleScript indentation (I lost it all when I ran indent-region on the buffer and was too tired last night to put it back in...)?

Best,

Christopher