Re: [Orgmode] saving pdf files from agenda: color mangling revisited

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] saving pdf files from agenda: color mangling revisited
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 13:48:24 +0200

You can use org-agenda-before-write-hook.  This hook is run,
just before the agenda is written.  For example, you could use it to
remove all face infomation

(add-hook 'org-agenda-before-write-hook
   (lambda ()
     (remove-text-properties (point-min) (point-max)
        '(face nil))))

or to change it to black before export:

(add-hook 'org-agenda-before-write-hook
   (lambda ()
     (add-text-properties (point-min) (point-max)
        '(face (:foreground "black")))))

Another option would be to disable ps-print from using faces ever,
for example

(require 'ps-print)
(fset 'ps-print-buffer-with-faces 'ps-print-buffer)

I am not sure what the problem is, but one possibility is that ps- print might pick up foreground colors but noch background colors. And if your frame has a dark background, it will pick up the bright versions of all faces, which are invisible in front of a white background on pdf.

Also, ps-print has quite some information about color printing in its header.

HTH

- Carsten