Re: [Orgmode] Fix for org-agenda-cleanup-fancy-diary

From: Erik Hetzner
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Fix for org-agenda-cleanup-fancy-diary
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 08:31:18 -0700

At Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:29:46 +0200,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> Hi Erik,
>
> I see your point.  The trouble is that it is a traditional syntax
> to write things in the diary like this:
>
> 1/4/2009 some event
>      8:30 another event
>     10:00 meet with Sam for coffee
>

> etc etc.
>
> You patch will remove all those secondary lines.
>
> I think the right solution fr your case is that I will give you
> a hook in the cleanup routine, so that you can do your own
> cleanup.
>
> Or a variable, OK, we could do that too.

I see. Thanks, I didn’t know that.

A hook would be perfect for me.

Another nice feature if possible would be to keep lines that do not
match “^ +[0-9].*$” together with the first line in the fancy diary
display? This would mean that diary entries:

1/4/2009 09:00 Some event
 Event description.

Would not be mangled by sorting the agenda. I have no idea if this is
possible.

Thanks again!

best,
Erik