Re: [Orgmode] embedded/inherited tags

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] embedded/inherited tags
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:02:23 -0700

Hi Carsten,

On 2009-04-01, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
> Did I really say I was going to make this, Samuel?

I'll let you decide.  :)

Carsten earlier wrote:
>  - Your proposal to use lisp syntax for agenda queries
>    (Sep 16) is high on my todo list and not forgotten.
>    Something I do want, but have not gotten around to.
-- from <address@hidden> ,
   which has a few other items also.

Did I misinterpret?  Of course, I will not hold you to it
either way.  :) It seemed to me when I wrote to Konstantin
that the feature could be expected to happen at some point.
In any case, please accept my apology if that is a
misinterpretation, since I don't want to put words in your
mouth!

I described some of the benefits of the optional Lisp syntax
in
<address@hidden>
"Re: Searching for tags or todo keywords".  It's not a
critical feature, but it seems likely to solve the problem
in that thread (IIRC), and also help Konstantin a bit.  I
would find it easy to use.

However, the solution that I proposed to Konstantin can use
existing search syntax if he desires.

Hope that helps.

--
Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death (decades early;
Jason et al. 2006) and severe suffering (worse than nearly all other