Re: [Orgmode] html export: row/column dividers in tables

From: Bill White
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] html export: row/column dividers in tables
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:12:55 -0500

On Tue Mar 31 2009 at 09:36, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2009, at 4:20 PM, Bill White wrote:
>
>> On Mon Mar 30 2009 at 23:44, Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Bill,
>>>
>>> If I understand your post correctly, I think this section of the
>>> manual
>>> will help to accomplish what you are looking for---i.e., the
>>> creation of
>>> special vertical lines in tables:
>>>
>>> http://orgmode.org/manual/Column-groups.html#Column-groups
>>
>> Thanks, I'd missed that.
>>
>>> Also you change the appearance of tables using css.
>>
>> I'll take a look.
>
> Also, since today, latest git version, you can use
>
> #+ATTR_HTML: border="2" rules="all" frame="all"
>
> before the table to modify the default table tag.
> If you always want lines, modify the default table tag
> in `org-export-html-table-tag'.

Thank you!

Before I update from git (or whatever the terminology is - I'm a cvs
guy), could I persuade you to apply Nick Dokos' patch to org-exp.el?
His patch is in http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/11862, and
the problem it solves is described in my initial message in the thread,
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/11857.  In his patch
message, Nick offers a clear explanation of why the problem happens.

To summarize the problem, I'm prompted to kill a temp buffer when I
html-export an org file that contains these tags:

   #+begin_src message
   [...]
   #+end_src

so when I export the containing project, I have to babysit the process
and answer 'y' to each query about killing the temp buffer.  Here's a
full example that triggers the bug:

   #+begin_src message