Re: [Orgmode] Latex export - footnotes and emphasis

From: Scot Becker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Latex export - footnotes and emphasis
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:27:18 +0100

I can confirm this.

Another related issue is that italics and bold do not mix in latex export.  You can't do something like this:

/An italicized sentence with a *bold* bit./  or *vice /versa/*.

Also, and this may be unavoidable without adding significant complexity to the export engine.  But you can't, e.g.
/carry your emphasis on until after the punctuation is over./   (It's been a while since I tested this.  I'll check it out again today).
For LaTeX export in particular, it would be nice to have finer control over just where the emphasis goes.  For periods it's not generally an issue :-), but some of the taller punctuation get into fistfights with their text if they aren't allowed to be italicized too.

Scot