[Orgmode] Re: Handling org-file agenda dependenncies?

From: Eraldo Helal
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Handling org-file agenda dependenncies?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:07:00 +0000 (UTC)

Mike Newman <mike <at> newmanfamily.me.uk> writes:

> When you use the standard commands to add/removes files from the
> agenda, it will write a definition for the variable org-agenda-files to
> the custom section of your .emacs file.

That would still mean removing every org-file in the tree manually when wanting
to make a project "inactive".

> If you want to deal with trees of files, you might be better off
> removing the variable from the custom section, defining it
> yourself and updating it manually.

The questions here is... How could one define it?

I thought of a macro that I could use while in an emacs buffer.
The macro should search through the attachment directory (saved as a property)
of the headline and remove from the agenda all the *.org files that it finds.

Comments? Suggestions?

Greetings,
Eraldo