Re: [Orgmode] bug in "simple dependencies" handling (?)

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bug in "simple dependencies" handling (?)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:43:33 +0100

Hi Daniel,

yes, this could be seen as a bug.  However, the implementation
does not work by scanning the entire buffer and marking tasks
that should be blocked.  Rather, it goes to each task and then
scans around to see locally what the dependencies are.

In this case it looks only at the parent, not at the
grand parent.

I don't expect to change this because it would make the
mechanism a lot more complex and slower.  However, the todo
dependencies are simple hook functions, and an interested
programmer could relatively easily extend them, I believe.

- Carsten