Re: [Orgmode] Feature request (org-empty-line-terminates-plain-lists)

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Feature request (org-empty-line-terminates-plain-lists)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:08:54 -0500

Carsten,

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

> If I may be so bold, I'd like to request an additional setting for
> org-empty-line-terminates-plain-lists. Namely, I was wondering if it
> would be possible to add an option whereby 2 empty lines would terminate
> a plain list.

Please disregard this request. I think I did not identify the problem
correctly. The problem, instead, lies in the html export.

When a plain list is followed by a paragraph, the list is closed in the
the export before the paragraph.

- Item One

- Item Two

Here is the paragraph.

results in....

,----
| <ul>
| <li>
| Item One
|
| </li>
| <li>
| Item Two
|
| </li>
| </ul>

`----

But when a table follows the list, as in...

- Item One

- Item Two

| Table cell | Another table cell |

...the table is enclosed in the list in the html:

,----
| <ul>
| <li>
| Item One
|
| </li>
| <li>
| Item Two

frame="hsides">
| <caption></caption>
| <tbody>
| </tbody>
|
| </li>
| </ul>
`----

In the latex output, by contrast, the list is closed before the table
appears.

,----
| \begin{itemize}
| \item Item One
| \item Item Two
| \end{itemize}
|
| \begin{center}
| \begin{tabular}{ll}
|  Table cell  &  Another table cell  \\
| \end{tabular}
| \end{center}
`----

Would it be possible to make the html output consistent with the latex
output, so that the list is closed before the table?

Thanks, and sorry for making you read that earlier email about a
non-problem. :)

Matt