Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Bulk] Re: clocksum and archived trees

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Bulk] Re: clocksum and archived trees
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 18:21:26 +0100

On Mar 20, 2009, at 3:59 AM, Jota Pin wrote:

Le jeudi 19 mars 2009, Peter Jones a écrit :
Jota Pin <address@hidden> writes:
I tried to figure out how to avoid having archived subtrees to contribute
to the sum of times showed with "Display Times" c-c c-x c-d.

I've been wondering something along the same lines myself.  When
switching to column view via C-c C-x C-c it can sometimes take a long
time because of archive items.

Hi Peter, this case makes sense, for speed, and I have added
a variable org-columns-skip-archived-trees, with default t.

I haven't gotten around to looking into this yet. Maybe I'll try to fix
this tomorrow when I get some time.

Thanks, this would be great.

Maybe an explanation of the reason to doing so is helpful:

I like to see the time spent per subtree, but at the same time I do want to keep the archives in their original location: I use sometimes archives tags to store versions of the same subtree, and of course the clocks must no count
twice there...

Hi Jota,

for this case I am not sure.  The purpose or archiving is to mark a tree
as finished, but clearly any clocking times from this tree should still
contribute.  I see that you are using ARCHIVE to mark a second version
of a given tree.  If you need multiple versions, why don't you keep
older versions in another file or so?

Are there more opinions about this?  Maybe I am seeing it wrong.....

- Carsten

Same question for clock tables.