Re: [Orgmode] One year after - questions and suggestions

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] One year after - questions and suggestions
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 18:21:22 +0100

On Mar 15, 2009, at 5:26 PM, Bastien wrote:

:)

Hard to find new key bindings for these.

But C-c C-l is not accessible from the agenda, right?

No, that is right.

C-c C-a should be aware of any previously defined directory, and take
this directory as the default directory when browsing for other files
to attach.  Am I more clear?

- FR: Allow to insert "+1d"-type strings when picking up a date with
`org-time-stamp'.

This works for me, what am I missing here?

Weird.  C-c C-s + 1 d RET does only insert today's date here, no "+1d"
string.

- FR: Symmetric to individual lead time, I wish I can have individual
"remaining" time - for example, the number of days during which a
deadline is still visible in the agenda view.  (That would happily
steal 90% of what org-expiry.el is trying to achieve.)

I tried, and it works just fine.

Note that +1d is equivalent to +1
Also, note that +1d is relative to today, while ++1d is relative to the date where the entry is scheduled now.

- FR: Visually mark (with #) entries that are marked in the agenda
view?

I am not sure what you are talking about, what marking???

Sorry I meant when marking an entry with `k m' in agenda view.

- FR: When setting a mark in the agenda view, go to the next line?
(Like in buffer-menu and other menu mode.)

I am not sure what you are talking about, what marking???

Same here.  `k m' would jump to the next unmarked entry.

About the marking, it does not make sense to mark more than a single item.
The idea is to make an item, then to go to a date in the agenda or in the calendar and press, for example, `k s' to schedule the item at that date.

Did you have something different in mind with marking?

- Q/FR: How to go at the end of a field in a table?  Maybe C-a and C-e
could be contextually redefined to do this, since a table is such a
specific editing context.

Word-motion commands?  I am not comfortable with overloading C-a and C-
e.

forward-paragraph and backward-paragraph would make sense, no?  For now
M-} jumps out of the table.

I think even better are M-a and M-e, the sentence motion commands.
I have overloaded these now.

`C-c C-d SPC', `C-c C-s SPC' could respectively delete deadlines and
scheduled properties.  Or maybe C-c C-u could remove any timestamp
(this keystroke is free in org-agenda-mode since outline-mode is not
loaded.)

I believe C-u C-c C-s and C-u C-c C-d do this for Deadlines.  You men
the time stamp w/o any keyword????

The problem is that you don't see whether an entry is scheduled or has a
deadline in agenda view.  How do you decide which one to delete?

Well, each line in the agenda does indicate what the reason for the
inclusion of the line in the agenda is.

- Carsten

Thanks for all answers!

--