[Orgmode] a small remember suggestion

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [Orgmode] a small remember suggestion
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:28:46 -0700

org-remember -- use a file

On more than one occasion, I have composed something using
org-remember, and mistakenly hit a key for killing the
buffer.  With all buffers except org-remember, this kills a
buffer if it has no unsaved text, and asks what buffer to
kill if it does, at which point I quit.

With org-remember, the buffer has unsaved text, but it is
not associated with a file, so it loses text.

Text is probably lost upon a crash also.

My suggestion is this.  Perhaps org-remember can have a file
(this fixes the killing problem), and that file can be
autosaved (this fixes the crash problem).[fn:4]

There is one more case in which text is lost.  You might run
org-remember from org-remember and not undo.  My existing
proposal is to allow calling o-r from o-r.  I think that
solves it.  In such a case, however, it will be necessary
to allow more than one such file.

[fn:4] In principle, if the target location is known, the
file can be an indirect buffer into that buffer.  This has
other advantages, including having all in-buffer settings
work, being able to isearch, having a crashed org-remember
stay where it is supposed to be (albeit unfinished) and so
on.  But it wouldn't be necessary to get that fancy.  Just
any file would work.

--
Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death (decades early;
Jason et al. 2006) and severe suffering (worse than nearly all other