Re: [Orgmode] Latex export bugs and a request

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Latex export bugs and a request
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:43:31 -0500

Hi Carsten,

>>> This is how Bastien designed it, and it is similar to the HTML way,
>>> turning these into lists.  It works fine if there is any text before
>>> the plain list bullets.
>>>

>> When I use a paragraph of text instead of plain list bullets, the
>> subsequent paragraph becomes the definition of the headline, which
>> becomes the list label. Is this correct?
>
> I am confused, could you make a detailed example, please?

Sorry for being unclear. Take, for instance, the following source file:

* This is the first heading

Here is some text after the first heading.

** This is the second heading

Here is some text after the second heading.

*** This is the third heading

Here is some text after the third heading.

This outputs to tex as follows (preamble excluded):

\section{This is the first heading}
\label{sec-1}

Here is some text after the first heading.

\subsection{This is the second heading}
\label{sec-1.1}

Here is some text after the second heading.

\begin{description}

\item[This is the third heading]\label{sec-1.1.1}

Here is some text after the third heading.
\end{description}

When latex is run, the output looks like this. Note how the text after
the third heading is folded into the same line:

1 This is the first heading

Here is some text after the first heading.

1.1 This is the second heading

Here is some text after the second heading.

This is the third heading Here is some text after the third heading.

- Matt