Re: [Orgmode] Is column view buggy?

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Is column view buggy?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:50:38 +0100

El dt, mar 10 2009, Carsten Dominik va escriure:
> On Mar 9, 2009, at 8:23 PM, Daniel Clemente wrote:
>
>> (setq org-startup-truncated nil)
>
> Ah, an important piece of information.
>
> I believe this is fixed now.  Thanks.

  Thanks. There are still many minor movement bugs in cursor view. I think some
of the ones I wanted to report are actually caused by the same strange
behaviour:
  When the entry spans two visual lines (like in the last test case I sent in
this thread, with org-startup-truncated nil), lateral movement (right/left
arrow keys) makes the cursor jump not only to the beginning of each „cell“, but
also to a point where it shouldn't be: the first character of the second visual
line (which isn't a cell beginning; it could be in the middle of the text
contents).
  In fact it's stranger because the cursor stays there for 3 seconds and then
returns to the former position. Mmm... even with show-paren-mode disabled.

  This misplacement, even if temporary, causes problems like the following (not
reliably reproduceable):
 - sometimes, when entries are folded, the right arrow key can't move the
cursor because it is blocked in the first character of the entry's second
visual line
 - the down arrow seems to move correctly to the start of the cell below, but
the up arrow doesn't always move *to the start* of the cell above, but to the
beginning of the second visual line

  Please don't lose much time with these complex and unimportant bugs.

-- Daniel