Re: [Orgmode] Feature Request: Simultaneous change using S-<Up> / S-<dow

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Feature Request: Simultaneous change using S-<Up> / S-<down> on time ranges?
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 08:04:17 +0100

Hi

I agree that this is a good idea. Implemented in the latest git version.

Thanks.

- Carsten

On Mar 12, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Anupam Sengupta wrote:

Hi,

I routinely use time ranges (and occasionally time-stamp ranges) in my
org files to document the scheduled block of time for a meeting or
activity.  As an example, I will mark meetings as:

* A Meeting
 <2009-03-12 Thu 10:00-11:00>

As often happens with meetings, rescheduling needs to be done and I use
S-<up> or S-<down> on the time-stamp to make the modifications.  While
this works fine, it usually leads to a duplication when the *time* part
of the time-stamp needs to be changed.

For the same example above, if the time-block has now changed to
11:00-12:00, then I need to do S-<up> on both the "10:00" and the
"11:00" string.  I.e,

* A Meeting
 <2009-03-12 Thu 11:00-11:00>
                  ^
                  +---------------- After the first S-<up>

* A Meeting
 <2009-03-12 Thu 11:00-12:00>
                        ^
                        +---------------- After the second S-<up>

Can we have a feature (with a toggle option perhaps) which would *move*
the block (i.e., both time entries) by the same amount when either one
is moved in the same direction. I.e., the proposal is to have:

* A Meeting
 <2009-03-12 Thu 11:00-12:00>
                  ^     ^
                  |     |