Re: [Orgmode] Spreadsheet: Last row in ranges

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Spreadsheet: Last row in ranges
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:59:43 +0100

No, $LR1 inserts the *value* of that field.

You can do this:

| 1 | 6 |
| 2 |   |
| 3 |   |
#+TBLFM: @1$2=vsum(@address@hidden)

Org imagines a hline at the end of a table, in your
case this would be the first hline in the table, so

 @I-1  refers to the last row.

HTH

- Carsten

On Mar 13, 2009, at 1:09 AM, Gabor Maroti wrote:

Dear All,

A quick spreadsheet question.  I just wanted the compute the sum of an
entire column by using

| 1 |   |
| 2 |   |
| 3 |   |
#+TBLFM: @1$2=vsum(@1$1..$LR1)

It doesn't do the trick (neither in v6.24a nor in v6.24c): the value of
@1$2 is 3, 12, 29, 120, etc., after multiple application of the TBLFM
line. Thus it looks to me that the $LR1 syntax is not really welcome in
ranges.  Is it so?

Anyway, is it possible to compute the sum of a column apart from the
slightly cumbersome vsum(@address@hidden)?

Thanks,
G.