[Orgmode] Archiving and not archiving...

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: [Orgmode] Archiving and not archiving...
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:56:50 -0500

[My apologies in advance if this is a FAQ.]

I have a bunch of Org files in which I have tasks some of which involve
doing something for work (trivial or non-trivial), and some of which
involve doing something for home (trivial like picking up laundry or
more important like doing a call to a company that needs to be logged).

My question has to do with archiving.  I archive my tasks to separate
archive files.  What I'd really like to be able to do is to identify
some tasks as being worth archiving (calling a company to request them
to fix a billing error, for example), and some of which are not (picking
up the dry cleaning, returning library books).

Does anyone have a technique for marking tasks so that they get
electively archived when one uses one of the archiving commands?

Or would it be best to just archive some tasks to a "garbage" location
and some to a "keep" location, and just periodically empty the garbage
location?

Thanks for any suggestions!