[Orgmode] Re: GOAL keyword with DEADLINE semantics?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: GOAL keyword with DEADLINE semantics?
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:35:06 -0400

> (setq org-deadline-string "DUE:")
>
> which captures both the colors of DEADLINE and GOAL pretty well, I
> think.
>
> In fact, I wish I had made this the default from beginning,
> a much shorter and  nicer word.  Now it is too late to change this, I
> am afraid.....

Is it really too late?  Could you maybe make the REGEXP that matches the
deadline look for both DEADLINE: and DUE: but make new deadlines use
DUE:  ?

As long as you don't force everyone to s/DEADLINE:/DUE:/ in their
existing setup I don't think there's a huge impact with this change.

Just my two cents.

-Bernt