Re: [Orgmode] alter all subtrees containing specific tag

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] alter all subtrees containing specific tag
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 14:29:57 +0100

On Mar 8, 2009, at 5:31 AM, <address@hidden> <address@hidden > wrote:

Hi,
  I use pgg to encrypt some org subtrees (e.g. the ones containing
  passwords). At the moment I have to encrypt/decrypt them one at a
  time by selecting the appropriate region and running
  pgg-encrypt-region/pgg-decrypt-region.
I want to make a function that will automatically encrypt/decrypt all subtrees (in the current buffer) whose headings contain an :ENCRYPT: tag.
  I tried using org-map-entries, but it seems to restore the buffer to
  its original state after returning.

No, org-map-entries should be perfect for this, and it does not restore the buffer. This should really well. The only thing that might happen, by replacing the subtree, that it does not know correctly where to continue and therefore it might do
every tree twice?

Is there a quick way to get the start and end points of a subtree, or
  place region around it? and a quick way to jump to the next heading
  with a given tag?

(org-mark-subtree)  ;; this will include the headline

(re-search-forward "^\\*+ .*?:ENCRYPT:" nil t)

- Carsten