Re: [Orgmode] Tag Searches

From: srandby
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Tag Searches
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 09:25:15 -0500

Carsten Dominik wrote:
That would be the variable org-highlight-sparse-tree-matches.

Thanks, this is perfect for me.

Scott

How to find it?

   M-x org-customize RET

   Open the "Org Structure" group
   Open the "Org Sparse Trees" group

   and there it is.

Or, alternatively

   M-x apropos-variable RET org.*highlight RET

HTH

- Carsten

On Mar 4, 2009, at 6:14 PM, Scott Randby wrote:

Hi,

Whenever a tag search is done, the beginning of the lines containing
the desired tags are highlighted (in yellow with my setup). I can see
why this is desired behavior, but I don't want my tag searches to
highlight anything. First, I don't like the way the highlighting
looks, and second, the highlighting forces me to do C-u C-c C-c twice
if I want to recompute the values in a table. Being lazy, I only want
to do C-u C-c C-c once.

So, is there a way to set org-mode so that it won't highlight the
results of a tag search? I've tried customizing various variables, but
nothing I've tried works, and I can't find anything about this in the
manual.

Oh yes, I'm using org-mode 6.23 in emacs 22 though this has been an
issue for me all the versions of org-mode I've used.

Scott Randby