[Orgmode] Re: DocBook exporter for Org-mode

From: Gour
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: DocBook exporter for Org-mode
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:07:20 +0100

>>>>> "Sebastian" == Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:

Sebastian> I highly apreciate the support of Docbook and your
Sebastian> effort. Yet, I think I don't want to publish XHTML through
Sebastian> Docbook.

+1

I gave up on DocBook long ago. It's pain to author documents in it and
the tools are quite weak.

That why I don't like AsciiDoc as well being based on Docbook tool-chain
and therefore decided to use reST markup which is much lighter, nicely
supported and it can export to many formats (e.g. xhtml, odt, pdf..)

Therefore I'm interested about any hint how could reST be used with
org-mode?

(I'd use muse, but it's not so 'standard' as reST for non-Emacs users.)

Too bad that Pandoc does not have full parser for reST (yet) 'cause it
can convert to both LaTeX/ConTeXt for high-quality pdf output.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D