Re: [Orgmode] Switching between many contexts

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Switching between many contexts
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:47:23 -0600

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Clemente <address@hidden> writes:

>   Hi. I have this scenario: I track several projects in a single file, each
> in its own level-1 section, but each week I'm working only on one project.
>   In my agenda (C-a a) I'm currently seeing scheduled tasks from all
> projects, and I would like to exclude all projects but one.
>   I recently added a CATEGORY property to each section.

There are a couple of FAQs on this subject:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#limit-agenda-with-tag-filtering

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#limit-agenda-with-category-match

I would use tags in such a scenario. Simply give each project a unique
tag and then use secondary filtering to limit the agenda to that tag (as
Bernt explains in the other posts on this thread).

Best,
Matt