Re: [Orgmode] Exporting agenda items with data

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Exporting agenda items with data
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:31:11 +0100

Hi Yuval,

On Feb 24, 2009, at 6:49 AM, Yuval Hager wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to print my agenda for the day, but including the items
data, not just the heading.

All the export methods I have tried just export the agenda buffer as it is,
without showing the full data for each item.

This is useful if I need to go out for some meetings, and I have some more
info about the meeting (phone number, address) in the data section.

This is now (latest git version) possible, with an agenda custom
command configured like this, with a export file, and with
binding org-agenda-before-write-hook.

 ("a" "" agenda ""
  ((org-agenda-before-write-hook '(org-agenda-add-entry-text))
   (org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines 5))
  ("agenda.txt"))

See also the new variable org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines

If you always want to have entry text in exported agenda views,
you can also do in .emacs:

(add-hook 'org-agenda-before-write-hook 'org-agenda-add-entry-text)
(setq org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines 5)

or use org-agenda-export-settings for things like this.

HTH

- Carsten

- Carsten