Re: [Orgmode] Suppressing some header numbers during export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Suppressing some header numbers during export
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:51:18 +0100

On Feb 24, 2009, at 8:32 PM, Jeff Putsch wrote:

I have an org-mode file that has several headers:

 * Revision History
 * Approvals
 * Introduction ...
 * Overall Description ...
 * System Features ...

That when exporting numbers all headers. This behavior is expected.

I'd like to prevent the first to headers from getting numbered during export to html and/or latex, and starting the numbering, at number 1, with the Introduction.

Is this possible, or must I post-process the HTML and .tex files?

This is not possible currently with Org.
You can turn of numbering entirely with

but not partially for individual headlines.

- Carsten