[Orgmode] proposal to separate org-special-ctrl-a/e into two variables

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [Orgmode] proposal to separate org-special-ctrl-a/e into two variables
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 23:38:13 +1000

I have found the behavior of the cursor at the beginning of the line to be clumsy, and troublesome.  I cannot easily set a region, for example.

However, the special setting of ctrl-e is extremely useful.

A single variable controls these two variables, in a unified way.  This variable also has two aliases.  The aliases are not recognized by the functions that are affected by these variables in org.el: org-beginning-of-line, and org-end-of-line.  As far as I can see, there seems no reason to keep these two aliased variables as references to a single unified variable, insofar as the underlying code is concerned.

Because, at least for me, the behaviors have sufficiently distinct behaviors, I propose these should be separated.

I am unable to code lisp to the level of skill necessary to do the work myself.  At some point, I would be willing to work on this as a "first off" hack.  I cannot do so at present due to work obligations.

Alan

--
Alan Davis

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
    ---- Bertrand Russell
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
    ----   Sir Francis Bacon