Re: [Orgmode] scheduled item taking time from inactive time stamp

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] scheduled item taking time from inactive time stamp
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:56:09 +0100

On Feb 20, 2009, at 12:36 PM, Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:

--- Ven 20/2/09, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I often create tasks for myself using remember which
automatically
puts an inactive time stamp on the headline of the item.  I
then
subsequently "schedule" the job so that I end up
with something like this:

*** [2009-02-18 Wed 17:55] TODO do something really
interesting
   SCHEDULED: <2009-02-20 Fri>

In the agenda view, this appears as a task at 17.55 on the
Friday
(i.e. today) but the active time stamp does not have a time
on it.  I
would have expected this to be a straightforward
"day" task.

.... you could use a remember template with date
without timestamp ;-)  using the variable:

%t          time stamp, date only

Either that, or use a template so that the time will
be put into the second line.  The way you have done it now,
the line will ne even be recognized as a TODO entry because
the word TODO is not the first in the headline.

Thus, a template
* TODO %?
  %U

Should solve this for you.