Re: [Orgmode] DONE items in agenda

From: JBash
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] DONE items in agenda
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:59:16 -0500

Thank you, Matt.

A followup...
I've discovered that after setting the org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done to non-nil, I was still getting DONE items in my agenda view.  I then realized that I'd changed the org-todo-keywords recently to:

(setq org-todo-keywords '("TODO" "STARTED" "WAITING" "DONE" "CANCELED"))

from:
(setq org-todo-keywords '("TODO" "STARTED" "WAITING" "DONE"))

When I re-ordered the keywords to:
(setq org-todo-keywords '("TODO" "STARTED" "WAITING" "CANCELED" "DONE"))

I got back to where the DONE items were not being shown in the agenda view as I was expecting.

Is there a requirement that "DONE" appears last in the list of keywords?  Just curious... it was something I'd not run into previously.

Thanks,
Jerry

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Jerry,

JBash <address@hidden> writes:

> I have done something to break my desired behavior, which is to exclude
> DONE items from the agenda views.  In the process of trying to fix it,
> I've run across what appears to be an inconsistency in the FAQ and the
> customize-variable definitions.  Or maybe I'm interpreting it
> incorrectly... (quite likely, since I still can't get back to my
> desired behavior...)  It looks like emacs says non-nil skips over DONE
> items, but the FAQ says nil skips over done items.  Am I reading this
> wrong?

That is indeed a mistake in the FAQ. I just fixed it; the update should
be on Worg shortly. Thanks for finding this. You'll want to set
org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done to on (t) to exclude the DONE items.

> I've also tried changing org-agenda-include-all-todo, but still get
> SCHEDULED, DONE items in the agenda view.  What am I missing?

org-agenda-include-all-todo controls whether a list of all active todos
is added to the daily/weekly agenda view. It does not control whether
DONE items appear in the agenda.

Thanks again,
Matt