Re: [Orgmode] Bug in clocking in: the list becomes corrupted by the CLOC

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug in clocking in: the list becomes corrupted by the CLOCK drawer
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:10:58 +0100

On Feb 11, 2009, at 2:02 PM, Daniel Clemente wrote:

Of course, if the user uses indentation at the first line,

The true problem here is:  I am such a user. :-)

 There are also users who write lists after entries... and the default behaviour is wrong for them. I don't think it's needed to change their habits and force them to write a blank line.
 I agree that it's difficult because it's not very clear where the metadata section (CLOCK/DEADLINE/SCHEDULE, drawers, …) ends.
 Maybe it can be made that: a list (of any tipe) at line beginning (no indentation) will break the metadata section and start the content section.

While I think it is not too much to ask to set the clock
drawer variable I mentioned earlier in order to get reliable
behavior for your application,  I guess it does not hurt to
check for smaller indentation than the clock line itself.  OK.

- Carsten