[Orgmode] grouped undo

From: Nicholas Sandow
Subject: [Orgmode] grouped undo
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:01:04 +0900

Hi,

I've noticed that in org-mode, undo undoes one character at a time.

Normally in Emacs, undo is done in chunks.  To quote from the manual:

Usually each editing command makes a separate entry in the undo records, but some commands such as `query-replace' divide their changes into multiple entries for flexibility in undoing. Meanwhile, self-inserting characters are usually grouped to make undoing less tedious.

So to undo a sentence that you've typed in, only a few "undos" are required. In org-mode, though, it seems self-inserting characters aren't grouped, and my undos are thus more tedious.

Is this a feature or a bug?  I like the grouped undo feature.

In outline mode, the undo is still grouped, so it seems this is an undo-specific thing. I am running version 6.22b

Thanks,
Nick