Re: [Orgmode] Docs submitted (Was Re: Advice sought on managing decisi

From: Tom Breton (Tehom)
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Docs submitted (Was Re: Advice sought on managing decision alternatives.)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:08:25 -0500 (EST)

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 10, 2009, at 9:46 AM, Manish wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Tom Breton (Tehom) wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> This is very intriguing functionality. I tried to follow your and
>>> Casten's
>>> earlier exchanges but could understand only a little. So I tried to
>>> follow
>>> your tutorial but I am getting stuck at switching the `choosenness' of
>>> items.
>>> I get following error when I try to switch to any state from "no
>>> state".
>>> Once
>>> I assign a state by typing it out manually (as opposed to using state
>>> switching commands), I can then switch between states but the error
>>> repeats
>>> when I try to switch to "MAYBE" state.
>>>
>>> ,----
>>> outline-up-heading-all
>>> `----
>>
>> Hmm, not sure if I messed up there - so I fixed this bug. Tom,
>> please check if I did this right.
>
> This issue is gone for me.  Thanks.
>
>>> So far, my understaning is that only one item can be in "YES" state. If
>>> try
>>> to switch another item to "YES" then the existing "YES" will be demoted
>>> to "MAYBE". So for a two-state choosenness only one item can be in
>>> CHOOSE
>>> state while all others will switch to NOT_CHOOSEN state.. is that
>>> understanding correct?
>
> With three choices for choosenness, it works as I expected (only one item
> in
> CHOSEN state at a time) but for more choices like:
>
> #+CHOOSE_TODO: REJECTED(r) NOT_CHOSEN(n,-) MAYBE(,0)
> LEANING_TOWARDS(l) CHOSEN(c,+)
>
> it allows multiple items to be in CHOSEN state.  How do we interpret that?

Having fetched and set up 6.22b, I can now reproduce it.

This bug is simple.  In "Setting it all up" at the end of org-choose.el,
in 6.22b a quote got introduced before progn.  That's all.  With that
quote, it "evaluated" a quoted form and did nothing.  I'd send a patch,
but ISTM it's easier to just press backspace once.  It's here:

(eval-after-load 'org
  '(progn
;;^--HERE.
     (add-to-list 'org-todo-setup-filter-hook
                  #'org-choose-setup-filter)
     (add-to-list 'org-todo-get-default-hook
                  #'org-choose-get-default-mark)
     (add-to-list 'org-trigger-hook
                  #'org-choose-keep-sensible)
     (add-to-list 'org-todo-interpretation-widgets
                  '(:tag "Choose   (to record decisions)" choose)
                  'append)
   ))

Tom Breton (Tehom)