Re: [Orgmode] revert all agenda buffers

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] revert all agenda buffers
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:37:19 +0100

On Feb 10, 2009, at 9:00 PM, Manish wrote:

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Feb 10, 2009, at 8:49 PM, Manish wrote:

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:54 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Feb 10, 2009, at 1:21 PM, David Bremner wrote:

Hi Org-wizards;

I am using git to to sync my org files between various hosts. The
problem is that when I update the files on disk (i.e. with a git pull) then I have to manually revert each current org buffer (or, restart emacs, like that is going to happen :-) ). It would be nice if there was an analog of org-save-all-org-buffers that reverted them all for
me. Am I missing an existing solution?

6.22b has now `org-revert-all-org-buffers'. I consider this command
slightly dangerous, so you have to confirm with "yes".

Org mode is my default mode and many buffers not necessarily part of
agenda
are open almost all the time. Will this command revert *all* Org buffers
or
only the ones part of org-agenda-files?

All of them.

I take it that it has to. So far I haven't yet run into David's situation so I guess I am fine for the moment. But if I need to then I guess I will need to remember to save (from agenda view, so that all Org buffers are saved)
before executing the git pull and revert command?

Yes.  The right way would be

1. save all org buffer

2. pull to get the merging right

3. revert the buffers.