[Orgmode] newbie - gnus links/split windows/breadcrumbs

From: Bill White
Subject: [Orgmode] newbie - gnus links/split windows/breadcrumbs
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:02:32 -0600

Howdy -

I've finally taken the plunge into org-mode - I'm transferring my last 3
years of old planner/muse notes to org for its better html export and
its astounding rate of development.

So naturally I've found a few little things that bug me:

 - gnus hyperlinks open a new frame, rather than teleporting me to my
   running instance of gnus in the current frame.  Is it possible to
   keep things in one frame?  My gnus links are of the form

[[gnus:nnml:wri.d-wpt#<address@hidden to Joe Schmoe]]

 - C-o on an "external link" to another file in my ~/org results in a
   split window with the target file at the bottom.  Is it possible to
   open targets in the same window?  When I follow a trail of links to
   separate files (homepage -> project homepage with hundreds of
   projects for my manager to read -> details of a single project) I'm
   left with a tiny window and have to do C-x 1 to clean things up.

 - breadcrumbs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadcrumb_(navigation).  A
   link from, say, ~/org/projects.org, to a nonexistent file,
   [[file:blargh.org][blargh]], opens a buffer named blargh.org.
   Immediately after creating the new buffer, would it be possible to
   insert a link that points back to the calling page?  In this example,
   the following link would appear at the top of blargh.org:
   [[file:projects.org][projects.org]].

Thanks -

bw
--