[Orgmode] Re: syncing org-mode files on three unconnected machines?

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: syncing org-mode files on three unconnected machines?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 08:22:23 +0100

Hi,
You can use git or mercurial (or other decentralized VC) to do that.
I use hg (mercurial).
To achieve that, you can do like that:
1) Initialize a repo in org-tree1
2) Clone org-tree1 to org-tree2 and org-tree3 (on the machine1)
2) Put these three org-tree on your usb-key
3) Put these three org-tree on the machine 2 and 3.

Thats all!

Now on any machine you can edit org-tree1, make changes, and just pull
changes from org-tree2 and 3. If you have your usb-key with you, pull
the change from the key, if not, you will do it later and synchronize
with the key on other machines.

For a better experience, use DVC with hg or git.

--
A + Thierry Volpiatto
Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France