Re: [Orgmode] HTML Export Issue

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] HTML Export Issue
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 12:50:38 +0100

On Feb 6, 2009, at 8:47 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Feb 5, 2009, at 7:04 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Greetings:

This is a small issue. I've just installed Org-6.21b, upgrading from Org-6.09 (yes, I'm behind). At the top of an org file I export to html, I have the "-*- mode: org; -*-" line even though I really don't need it. When I exported to html using 6.09, this line was ignored. When I export to html using 6.21b, this line is exported as a paragraph which appears at the top of html page:

Being a minor annoyance, I could just delete the line in question, but I recall there is some reason for me to keep this line. Is there any way to fix this?

Hi Scot,

this may be due to the fact that the default value
of `org-export-skip-text-before-first-heading' changed
from t to nil at some point.

In fact, I was wrong, there was a bug, also persistently
reported by Giovanni, thanks for that!

Fixed now.

- Carsten

 It seems that I have not
documented this change in Changes.org... :-(

  Bernt, or any other git guru, how can I find
  out when I changed that default?  I am sure there
  is a clever way to do this?

So you could configure this back to to t.  However,
the better solution is to make the line you are
talking about a comment.

    # -*- mode: org; -*-

This line is a way to enforce that Emacs will open the file
in Org-mode.
However, if you file has a .org extension and you have set up
auto-mode-alist to recognize .org files as explained in the manual
in the activation instructions, then this line is actually not
needed at all.

HTH

- Carsten