Re: Re: [Orgmode] error when exporting org to html

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: Re: [Orgmode] error when exporting org to html
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:39:37 +0000 (GMT)

--- Gio 5/2/09, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> Ah - you don't have transient mark mode set.
[...]

Uh! thanks Bernt you're right.
:-(

--- Ven 6/2/09, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> > On Feb 5, 2009, at 3:08 PM, Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:
> have you seen Bernt's message about
> transient-mark-mode?

Hi, Carsten, hy everyone,

I profoundly apologise for my mistake (both for
not having enabled t-m-m, as written
in the manual :-(
and because I've been sarcastic in my

> > Tomorrow I will try to investigate further to provide
> > him
> > a pedantic (with transient-mark-mode ;-) &
> > comprehensive bug report.

So here it is.

Org-mode version 6.21b
GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2008-09-06 on SOFT-MJASON
Win XP
transient-mark-mode t

file:
-*- mode: org; -*-
#+TITLE:  Carsten is an astronomer!
I'm before!! \o/
* First heading
http://somewhere/a.org
[[ ][http://somewhere/a.org]]
* [2009-02-03 mar] BUGs: Procedure for test
I'm 1st line 1st heading
** 2nd level
Skip lines, please!
*** 3rd
**** 4rth
I'm the fourth
***** 5th
****** 6th
line before 7
******* 7th
lines after 7
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: another.htm
:EXPORT_TITLE: procedure 4 test
:EXPORT_OPTIONS: toc:t skip:t
:END:
Hello, Bye!
******** 8th very complicated!!!!!
I'm in a deep meadow! -o_,
********* 9th
birthdate
********** 10th
Pelé's number!
-----------------

1. OK
   Export region from the first heading
   C-c @ on the [2009...] heading
   C-c C-e h
   + exports the region OK

2. Wishlist
   Export region from *before* the 2nd heading
   "I'm 1st line 1st heading"
   Select region with C-SPC, M-w or with C-c @
   C-c C-e h
   + exports region
     title: as in #+TITLE
     first line:"I'm 1st line 1st heading"
   + levels:
     2nd level is <h3>, why not <h2>?
     3rd level is <h4>

2.1. Export region from the 2nd heading
     C-c @ on the 2nd level heading
     C-c C-e h
     + exports the region OK
     + The 2nd heading  becames the title
     + However
     - 3rd becomes a <h4>
       why not a <h2>?
     - from 4th to end are <ul>

    William Henney pointed out this behaviour [2].
    "I would rather heading 3rd were <h1> and
    that all heading  levels be relative to the
    root of the sub-tree."
[2]
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-01/msg00729.html

  I suspect the exporter rests upon the level of the heading
  (**** is forth even if you exports it as the root)
  and does not consider it as the root of the level.
  The exporter should check the level of the heading
  and, in case, it should increase such value and the values of the
  subheadings M- <-
  until the first heading becomes 1.
  (I don't know if such implementation is possible)

3. BUG
   The lines before the first heading are exported

   Even if in the #+OPTIONS:  the 'skip lines' is true,
   the lines before the first heading are exported,
   if the file is exported with command
   C-c C-e h

   Reported also  from Scott Randby [1]
[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-02/msg00164.html
   He said that Org-6.09 worked fine.

4. OK
   The exporter exports a subheading with properties
   in compliance with values defined in properties.
   C-c @
   C-c C-e h

Hope this is complete enough.
cheers

Giovanni

      Passa a Yahoo! Mail.

La webmail che ti offre GRATIS spazio illimitato,
antispam e messenger integrato.
http://it.mail.yahoo.com/