[Orgmode] A much simpler way of handling dependent tasks

From: John Wiegley
Subject: [Orgmode] A much simpler way of handling dependent tasks
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:16:17 -0400

I've been wanting a simple method for managing dependent tasks for some time now, and only now did it occur to me that I could just implement a much simpler method using your current blocking mechanism.

The attached file, confusingly named org-depends.el, implements the following scheme:

 1. Any TODO which has incomplete child TODOs is blocked.

 2. If a parent TODO has the ORDERED property, it's children must be
    completed in order.  Undone siblings block later siblings.

 3. Blocked items are greyed out in the agenda list.

John