Re: [Orgmode] Please test 6.19a

From: Christopher Suckling
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Please test 6.19a
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:20:09 +0000

On 26 Jan 2009, at 07:24, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Jan 25, 2009, at 11:50 PM, Christopher Suckling wrote:

On 25 Jan 2009, at 16:06, Carsten Dominik wrote:

I just uploaded org 6.19a into Emacs CVS, so that it can still
be part of the Emacs 23.1 pretest and release.

Please test the latest release and let me know as soon as possible
if there are any regressions.

Two small niggles.

1) :VISIBILITY: property

Suppose I have the headings

* Foo
* Bar
* COMMENT setup for buffer
:PROPERTIES:
:VISIBILITY: folded
:END:
#+STARTUP: overview
#+Rest of options go here

On loading the file, *Foo and *Bar are folder, as expected. *COMMENT, however shows its content. Changing value of :VISIBILITY: has no effect.

I'm afraid I can't pinpoint in which version this started to happen, but I'm fairly certain it was in the last fortnight.

I cannot reproduce this, works fine for me.

Anything the the *Messages* buffer that indicates that visiting a new buffer
in Org-mode crashes half-way, i.e. before the ful setup has finished?

Nothing in *Messages*, but I suspect:

My fault: I had (setq org-show-entry-below t) in my .emacs from playing around with sparse trees. Setting it to (default . nil) fixes the VISIBILITY problem. So I learn that org-show-entry-below takes priority over VISIBILITY properties...

Best wishes,

Christopher