Re: [Orgmode] Remind functionality?

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Remind functionality?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:23:51 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

how about using a control file like this(untested):

agenda_control_files=~/.emacs.d/agenda_on_login
todays_agenda_file="${agenda_control_files}/$(date -I)

if [ -f "$todays_agenda_file" ]; then
   echo "Agenda was shown on a previous login today."
   # You could also `cat' the control file here, if you manage it
   # somehow, that it contains your agenda's contents (your elisp should
   # export the agenda to the controle file then. Also, you should
   # adjust  the `else' below to use `cat'.
else
  rm  "$agenda_control_files"/*    # rmove yesterdays control file
  touch ~/.emacs.d/agenda-check-$(date -I)   # or fill with agenda export
  // Enter your function here
fi

Regards,

   Sebastian