Re: [Orgmode] org-mode and check boxes

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode and check boxes
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 07:32:48 +0530

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 5:46 AM, Umesh Nair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to org-mode

Welcome!

> ( I tried org-mode a year back for a few days, and now again I am
> trying it.)

Org changes pretty fast.  Fundamentally it's still as simple but so many
usability and convenience features have been added.  If you used Org
briefly earlier then perhaps you may want to check out what has been
added since at http://orgmode.org/Changes.html.

http://orgmode.org/manual/Clean-view.html#Clean-view

http://orgmode.org/manual/Checkboxes.html#Checkboxes

> Could someone tell me what variables I need to set for that?
>
> I know that RTFM is a good answer. I tried it, but didn't find the answer
> easily :)

I would say you did not try hard enough. :) I went to
http://orgmode.org/manual/index.html and searched for "stars" to get the
answer to the first questions, and searched for "checkboxes" to get the
answer for the second.

Org manual is really really good; do try it.

Of course, you may also find the tutorials[1], FAQ[2] and Worg[3] also
useful.

1. http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/index.php
2. http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php
3. http://orgmode.org/worg/