Re: [Orgmode] Ticket Management integration, muse mode, etc

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Ticket Management integration, muse mode, etc
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:32:32 -0600

"David Thole" <address@hidden> writes:

> The problem I'm thinking is that I wouldn't mind pulling this information in
> my script down to the disk, into muse-mode - so creating my own TOC, and my
> own files for each issue (say, [[Issue1000]])  What I'd like to do, though, is
> in the org-file, to have [[Issue1000]] in the file (e.g. ** TODO: [[Issue
> 1000]]) or maybe a subitem, (e.g. *** [[Issue1000]]) and have it link to the
> muse mode file itself.

Why doesn't the following work for you?

,----
| *** [[file:/path/to/muse/Issue1000][Issue1000]]
`----

You can type C-u C-c C-l within org for a prompt to link to a file.

Or you can type C-c l in the Muse file to store the link and C-c C-l
<up> in org-mode to insert the link.

The manual has a very clear section on hyperlinks.

That said, is there a compelling reason for you to keep your notes in
muse rather than org-mode? Org-mode was created to handle both
ticket/task management and note taking in the same file. You could
keep all the relevant notes (and any data pairs as properties) under
each issue headline. E.g.

,----
| *** TODO Issue 1000
|
| Notes and subheadings go here.
`----

Feel free to let me know if I am misunderstanding the nature of the
problem.

Best,
Matt