[Orgmode] Re: desirability of boxquote-style snippets for helping new us

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: desirability of boxquote-style snippets for helping new users
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 21:41:56 -0700

Samuel Wales wrote:
I have noticed more people using boxquote and similar ways of setting
off code.  This makes it pretty and makes it stand out, both of which
are good things.

However, most prefix every line.  For example, boxquote by default uses "|".

While an experienced user can figure out rectangle commands or write a
command to unpack the quote, new users and users who can't type much
might skip using the code to avoid having to do that.  And a very new
user could actually stick the whole thing in .emacs and wonder why it
doesn't work.  It adds to the burden of fixing a problem or meeting a
need in emacs without providing much benefit.  Even a few keystrokes
can do that.

Perhaps quotes of code, in all packages like boxquote, could by
default get fancy only on the lines precediing and following.

What do you think?

,----[ C-h f boxquote-unbox RET ]

`----

--