[Orgmode] Re: org-mode and remind integration

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode and remind integration
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 09:17:43 +0100

Is any action happening on this?  Is someone trying to fix org2rem?

- Carsten

On Dec 31, 2008, at 12:53 PM, Daniel Martins wrote:

I changed from planner-el to org-mode after reading Sachas comments and some videos: mostly Carsten and Russell ones.

However I use remind a lot. I like wyrd for remote operation and I have remind - diary - ical and planner-el very integrated.

I think that org-mode would be improved from using remind. The ical -> org-mode could be done using the longer path

ical -> remind -> diary -> org-mode

Via

ical -> remind:  http://wiki.43folders.com/index.php/ICal2Rem

remind -> diary:   Sacha's rem2diary

diary -> org-mode:  (setq org-agenda-include-diary t)

the reverse path could be directly

org-mode -> ical

.reminders.org.deadline
 .reminders.org.scheduled

However if I want to add all my appts in
.reminders.org.deadline and
 .reminders.org.scheduled
  from inside org-mode

I think that

org2rem

is lacking a few features

1. It does not work with priorities since

*** TODO  [#A] something
    DEADLINE: <2009-01-05>

generates

REM 30 Dec 2008 MSG [#A] something

which yields problems with remind parser

org2rem should eliminate the priorities at all

REM 30 Dec 2008 MSG something

or eliminate the brackets
REM 30 Dec 2008 MSG #A something

2. timed deadlines are not included
*** TODO  something
    DEADLINE: <2008-12-31 Wed 19:00>

generates
REM 31 Dec 2008 MSG something%

and should generate

REM 31 Dec 2008 AT 19:00 MSG something%

I tried to send an emacs bug report but as I do not use Emacs for sending email (yet!).  It seems that the bug was not reported.

I must also admit that gnus always frightened me!

First thanks for all the good work done with org-mode

Daniel